Multimedia Sales Manager – Abilene, TX
DIGITAL SALES MANAGER – ABILENE, TX
This position is accountable for the execution of the Digital and Print sales plan in our West Texas market of Abilene.
Directs a team of digitally savvy Outside Digital Account Executives ensuring that revenue retention, new business development and new product launch goals are achieved. Possesses the highest product and value proposition knowledge to develop their teams to high performance. Rides extensively with team to assess market conditions and recommend actions to campaign plans. Conducts periodic reviews to ensure individual and campaign pacing and forecasting.
- Reporting to the Director or RVP, manages sales performance for the team. The DSM provides input to leadership regarding market conditions, competition, effectiveness of customer incentives and may recommend actions to gain market share.
- Accountable for the full scope of management of sales people including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback & coaching and issuing disciplinary actions.
- Hires and develops a team of Sales Account Executives. Works with the Multi-Media Training Manager to ensure that each AE is knowledgeable and able to sell the full array of products.
- Works/rides with each AE to ensure product knowledge, value proposition, market incentives to effectively propose solutions. Builds effective development plans for the success of each employee on their team.
- Certifies all members of their team in product knowledge and value proposition.
- Establishes and monitors key pacing metrics and conducts periodic pipeline review to effectively forecast results.
- Coaches, develops and monitors behavior and results to determine development needs. Takes appropriate disciplinary action when needed.
- Each Digital Sales Manager must be able to train their team and personally lead customers through conversations of:
- May work with the leadership to establish market and sales goals for the canvasses.
- May be assigned as “Canvass Leader” by the Division Manager for selected campaigns.
- Conducts aspects of Pre-Canvass, Workforce, Kickoff and Campaign planning as assigned.
- Directly accountable that each campaign is properly executed to achieve goals per standards.
- Completes periodic performance reviews and implements development initiatives to meet the talent requirements of the team.
- Conducts the new hire selection process to replace talent as needed, consistent with company hiring requirements.
- Reviews and recommends Special Situations to the Director/RVP within guidelines.
- Effectively executes local plan resources (e.g. RCFs, incentives) within plan requirements.
- Properly manages contest resources to drive sales outcome and DMP behavior.
- Travels to designated offices as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A 4-year business degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 years of Sales management experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment.
- Strong leadership abilities with the ability to build an effective team. Capable of developing team members consistent with the sales training, value proposition and goals of the canvass.
- Superior Internet/Digital and Print product knowledge and personal selling skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word
- Good organization and communication skills required (verbal and written). Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty). Performance oriented leader with sound ability to manage team to daily outcomes. Ability to achieve goals through their team.
- Local market analytics and a solid set of computer skills are needed. Must have an in depth knowledge to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team and the canvass.
- Must be able to identify and diagnosis issues to ensure achievement of goals.
- Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Hearst DMS (Digital Marketing Services) is a 700-person team focused on expanding Hearst Newspapers digital advertising operation into the local business community. We are sales people, marketers, artists, optimizers, technologists, product managers, and more, who share a common ambition – to better local businesses and ourselves through hard work and passion for the products we deliver as a team.
Careers That Grow
We are proud to offer a workplace that propels your career forward. We know the importance of attracting and retaining great talent so we strive to continually nurture the growth of our employees. Here you’ll have opportunities to learn from the best and the brightest, explore your professional interests, and take part in specialized training sessions that take your skills to the next level.
Culture That Rewards
A good culture is hard to find. The best are organic with some support and direction from leadership. Our support comes in the form of six ingredients we look for in new hires and instill in our existing team. We think big. We work hard. We have fun. We value ideas. We speak up. We deliver results.
Benefits That Support
We offer some world-class benefits to all our employees. Things like medical, dental, and vision coverage. Short and long-term disability. Life insurance. 401k retirement planning. Paid vacations, holidays, and excused absences that are flexible around your schedule. Our benefits package is one more reason why many of our team members have been with us for decades